Ship your new kayak to Alaska
Interested in purchasing a kayak but need a way to get it to Alaska? Our store is just a few miles away from both Alaska Marine Lines (AML) and Lynden Transport and we will safely deliver your kayak(s) there for shipping. We are currently able to ship kayaks to all southeastern Alaska destinations using AML and to all central Alaskan destinations using Lynden Transport. Some of the more common cities that we ship to include: Haines, Juneau, Ketchikan, Sitka, Anchorage, Cordova and Valdez. To arrange a delivery to any of these Alaskan destinations, please follow the directions below!
1) Once you have purchased your kayak(s) from us, you will need to contact AML/Lynden Transport to acquire a booking number. This can be done online here or by calling 1-800-326-8346.
2) Once you have your booking number, pass along that number to us. We will need that in order to deliver your kayak(s).
3) AML/Lynden Transport will load your kayak(s) into a freight container and take it from there! Once your kayak(s) have been offloaded at the designated port, you will be contacted directly by AML/Lynden Transport to arrange for pickup.
Additional Details about shipping with AML/Lynden Transport:
- Please note that drop-off at the West Seattle AML/Lynden location is free. However, drop-offs at the Fife AML/Lynden location will incur additional fees.
- Sailings leave Seattle on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays (some exceptions apply).
- All items need to be delivered to AML/Lynden Transport no later than 11am on the sailing day.
- Shipping costs are calculated using three factors: weight, dimensions and port of destination. All quotes are good for 30 days.
- AML/Lynden Transport provides insurance coverage of up to $7500; no additional insurance is available.
- Transit times may vary depending on weather and season.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, delivery times are longer than normal. Please contact us if you need your order by a particular date.