Our ultra tough rotomolded model of the Kestrel 140 is a solid boat at a budget conscious price. Great to keep at the cabin for the family, the Kestrel 140 is perfect for the all around outdoorsmen as well. With the extra storage it can hold all the gear and tackle a float fisherman may need. Flattened side decks allow for easy rod holder mounting. And because it's made of polyethylene, it'll stand up to the shallow rocky river stretches without worry.
** note that this kayak does not have a rudder. We have Kestrel 140s on future orders with rudders, call if you want to reserve a Kestrel 140 with a rudder. **
- Swede Form: Widest behind the cockpit, Swede form has a cleaner, longer, and more slender entry, giving efficient touring speeds and maneuverability. In shorter lengths these kayaks are very responsive. Longer kayaks with this feature have amazing acceleration and track well. Because of the narrow bow they may punch through a steep wave, rather than ride over it.
- Soft Chine: A smooth transition from the bottom of the hull to the sides. Soft chines give smooth edging at unlimited angles. The majority of kayaks that we build have a soft chine.
- Shallow V: The “V” shape improves tracking, has a lively feel and delivers very comfortable stability.
- Recreational Cockpit: The Kestrel's feature recreational cockpits that are long enough that you can simply get in and sit down. They are un-restrictive and many new paddlers appreciate their roominess and versatility.
Short and Wide
- Paddler Size: S-L
- Maximum Load: 325 lbs.
- Polyethylene - 55 lbs.
- Overall Length: 13' 6" (411.48cm)
- Width: 25.00" (63.5cm)
- Depth: 13.00" (33.02cm)
- Cockpit Size:
Length: 37.00" (93.98cm)
Width: 18.00" (45.72cm)
- Bow Hatch:
Length: 8.00" (20.32cm)
Width: 8.00" (20.32cm)
Volume: 10.00Gal. (37.8L)
- Stern Hatch:
Length: 16.50" (41.91cm)
Width: 11.00" (27.94cm)
Volume: 15.50Gal. (58.59L)
- This item is available for STORE PICKUP ONLY
- Check out our many kayak transportation option here, or, if you live within a 50 mile radius of Mountain to Sound Outfitters, your kayak can be delivered for a fee of $100/hour, with one hour minimum fee required.