Current Designs Squamish Kayak - Yellow
The Squamish is a sporty boat that answers the call for a smaller rotomolded kayak that excels in touring performance. It represents a fresh approach to this category, incorporating some of the most desirable elements of North American and British design styles. The Squamish is sure to appeal to the wave of kayakers looking for a fun, easy-to-use, performance sea kayak for day paddling and short trips. Skeg and back band come standard.
- Fish Form: Widest ahead of the cockpit, Fish form kayaks have a more blunt entry but will have a more slender exit through the water. The bows typically have more flare and are usually more buoyant than others. This enables our shorter boats to be excellent surf zone kayaks. Longer kayaks benefit from this feature in large seas.Soft Chine: A smooth transition from the bottom of the hull to the sides. Soft chines give smooth edging at unlimited angles. The majority of kayaks that we build have a soft chine.
- Shallow V: The “V” shape improves tracking, has a lively feel and delivers very comfortable stability.
- Touring Cockpit: Touring cockpits are somewhat small to help resist imploding of the spray skirt if hit by a large wave in rough water. They include built-in thigh braces on the cockpit rim to maximize control when edging and rolling. They range from 29” to 35” long, depending on the model.
- Overall Length: 15' 8" (477.52cm)
- Width: 23.00" (58.42cm)
- Depth: 12.50" (31.75cm)
- Cockpit Size:
Length: 29.00" (73.66cm)
Width: 16.00" (40.64cm)
- Bow Hatch:
Length: 9.50" (24.13cm)
Width: 9.50" (24.13cm)
Volume: 12.00Gal. (45.36L)
- Stern Hatch:
Length: 16.50" (41.91cm)
Width: 11.00" (27.94cm)
Volume: 18.00Gal. (68.04L)
- This item is available for STORE PICKUP ONLY
- Check out our many kayak transportation option here, or, if you live within a 50 mile radius of Mountain to Sound Outfitters, your kayak can be delivered for a fee of $50/hour, with one hour minimum fee required.