At 10 feet 9 inches long and only 40 pounds, the Caribbean 109 is a cinch to transport and store. Despite the shorter length, the highly efficient hull design sets this boat apart from its peers. Tracking is exceptional, enabling longer distance travel with less effort. The Caribbean 109 comes with a high-end Cloud 10 sit-on-top seat standard. Hatches in the front and rear give easy access to most of the interior space. The cockpit features adjustable foot braces, a gear track mount, and a self-draining seat pan. Perfectly balanced side carry handles double as a paddle park you can use with one hand.
- Seating - Our popular and innovative Infinity Seat has been taken a step further in comfort and adjustability. This new design allows the backrest and seat to move together for simpler trim and comfort adjustment. It makes removal of the seat for cleaning/maintenance even easier.
- Cockpit - Our medium sized cockpit is a keyhole configuration which allows the thigh braces to be molded into the deck of the kayak. The large cockpit is available with or without padded thigh braces, although they are standard on the following models except for the Skylark and Sky 10.
- Bulkheads & Hatches - Buoyancy is provided in both ends of the kayak by a sealed bulkhead fore and aft of the cockpit. Access is provided through stiff, waterproof hatches with convenient tabs.
- Decklines - Eddyline provides reentry shock cord on the rear deck of all single kayaks as well as on the foredeck and middle deck of the Whisper CL. This cord works in conjunction with your paddle and paddle float as an outrigger to stabilize the kayak while you reenter.
- Ergonomic Foot Brace - The Sea Dog performance foot brace has 10″ of adjustable travel with the flip of a lever. It is designed to be maintenance free, self cleaning and has tremendous strength. This ergonomically designed pedal makes it very comfortable even with bare feet. The Sea Dog recreational foot brace used in our Sky 10 and sit on top models has similar features with a low profile pedal.
- Navigator Rudder - The Navigator easily slides down and retracts onto the deck. The rudder blade locks itself in the lowest position automatically and releases itself when lifted up.
- Retractable Carry Handles - This easy to use system keeps your handle securely in place whether you are transporting the kayak on your car or paddling through waves and wind.
- Rudder/SKEG - Rudders have been used for years to compensate for inadequacies in hull performance, particularly in windy and rough sea conditions (and unfortunately to cover up a poor design effort). Beginners often like rudders because they feel they have control of the kayak more quickly, even though this actually slows skill development.
- Length: 10’9”
- Beam: 30"
- Weight: 40 lbs
- Capacity: 250 lbs
- Seat: Cloud 10 Sit-on-Top Seat
- This item is available for STORE PICKUP ONLY
- Check out our many kayak transportation option here, or, if you live within an 85 mile radius of Mountain to Sound Outfitters, your kayak can be delivered for a fee.