The Challenge 85 has a lightweight, all-carbon shaft with a 10° bend to provide low swing weight and a slight shaft flex for very comfortable performance. Its epX engineered polymer blade has enhanced stiffness and strength thanks to its carbon-fiber reinforcement. The blade has an aggressive dihedral down its spine for a smooth, forgiving forward stroke. And the Challenge’s eye-popping Polynesian graphics speak to the origin of paddleboarding – an offshoot of the 1960’s surfing culture of Hawaii. The Challenge’s overall black color makes it an ideal color match for virtually every SUP board. At just 21 oz., the Challenge 85 stand-up paddle – with its all-carbon shaft, grip, and ferrule, and its carbon-reinforced epX engineered polymer blade – is ideal for SUP touring. It’s easy on your joints and muscles whatever your adventure.
- Contoured Palm Grip: 100% Carbon
- Adjustable lengths: The Challenge 85 is available as a 2-piece paddle in three adjustable lengths: 64-74 inches, 70-80 inches and 76-86 inches.
- Blade Materials: epX Engineered Polymer, Carbon Reinforced
- Blade Size: 7.5 x 14.5 in. (19 x 37 cm)
- Surface area: 85 sq. in. (548 sq. cm)
- Weight: 21.0 oz. (595.00g)
- Shaft Type: 10° Bend
- Shaft Material: 100% Carbon